CHILDREN’S VILLAGE PROGRAMME DIRECTOR (CVPD) GRAČANICA
The Children’s Village Programme Director is responsible for the overall leadership, management of operations, development, and administrative functionality of the Children’s Village Program Gračanica. The principal purpose of the CVPD role is to lead the development and drive the delivery of the Children’s Village Program strategic goals to bring about lasting positive change to the lives of children and young adults in the system of alternative care. The CVPD plays a critical role in the implementation of advocacy policies, lobbying, and campaigns, ensuring strong synergies between them and organizational growth. He/she builds and maintains effective alliances and operational collaboration with public and private partners, civil society actors, and the community in general. As a direct supervisor, the CVPD leads team leaders from all departments on the location including professional staff working directly with families and directly reports to SOS National Director in BiH. In cooperation with the National Fundraising and Communication Department and/or with the National Director, he/she will identify potential sources of income.
Main duties and tasks:
• Responsible for professional work performed in accordance with laws, vision, mission, and policies;
• Represents and presents the Children's Village Gračanica Programme in front of local authorities and the
• Actively leads the process of planning and ensures implementation in accordance with local laws,
organizational strategy, and values, within the budgetary framework;
• Proposes, develops, and monitors the annual plan of activities of the Children's Village Gračanica
• Organizes and manages the work of the Local Management Team (LMT);
• Takes care of resources under his/her control and ensures efficiency through the best use of resources
among the program units for which he/she is responsible for
• Responsible for budget planning and entire financial and administrative management of the Children's
Village Gračanica Programme;
• Responsible for direct performance management of the staff of the Children's Village Gračanica Programme;
– Initiates and maintains strategic relations with key stakeholders to promote the mission and values of the
organization and ensure funds to achieve sustainability of services provided by the Children's Village
Key qualifications and competencies:
– University degree in economics, law, management, social sciences – psychology, social work, or any other related field
– Computer skills (MS office and understanding of basic database functionalities)
– At least 5 years of work experience in similar jobs in management positions
– Active knowledge of English;
– Driver's license B category-active driver. Leadership competencies:
– Excellent knowledge of standards, legal issues, and developments in the field of social protection of families, children and youth.
– Knowledge of the UN Convention and National legislation on children's rights
– Basic knowledge of fundraising and public funding
– High level of communication skills, as well as skills in networking and building partnerships with local partners, including local authorities, community representatives, partner organizations
– Knowledge in budgeting, financial management, human resource development, project cycle management, monitoring, and evaluation
– Good presentation skills to promote the organization
– Proven leadership, stress management, and project cycle management skills
The advertisement remains open until 5th July 2022.
Applications with a biography (CV) and motivation letter should be sent to e-mail: email@example.com
or at the following address:
SOS-Kinderdorf International – Predstavništvo u Sarajevu, ul. Ahmeda Muradbegovića 1c, 71000 Sarajevo, marked
as “Application for the position of Children Village Programme Director (CVPD) Gračanica”. Application can be submitted electronically via following web page: https://sos-ds.ba/postani-dio-tima/
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not have responsibility to return received applications.